Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I have returned.


It's been a long time since I've been active on this blog; the last post was written in May of last year. Even at that time, I wasn't writing much -- there are only a few posts in 2011 and the post previous to those is from 2009. When I started "My Evolution", in the summer of 2008, it was easy and exciting to write. The most historic, and one of the most exciting, elections in decades was under way. Coming up with things to say was fun and simple: in that kind of heated environment, opinions -- whether it's awe, pride, sarcasm, or mockery -- came easily.

But then the election was over and the more boring business of governing started... and it became harder to write the blog. I still wanted to write, but I wanted something genuinely informed, with nuance and depth. I wasn't about to talk about complicated subjects without knowing something about them, so I had to do more research. But obviously, that's a lot more time-consuming and laborious than just spouting off about a candidate; I found I was spending too much time on most posts and even then could barely keep up with current events. Eventually, I lost the rhythm, then some of the interest.

But never all of it. I have always wanted to return, to write on the issues that move me and to do it with some substance. And by doing so, to learn more and more deeply about them, to command them and understand them inside and out.

So now, I have taken a break from job to do just that. My goal is to write weekly, if not daily posts, and imbue each one with something more than just a quick impulsive blast of opinion. I already have the first post written. It's still just an opinion, and requires little research, but it's a considered one, not an impulsive one. I hope you enjoy it (whoever might read this in the future!) and I hope to be able to give you more like it from now on.

Axuve

No comments: