Friday, December 26, 2008

Caroline Kennedy... Worse Than Palin

Back to politics. The more I read about Caroline Kennedy running... I'm sorry, presenting herself, for Clinton's soon to be vacated senate seat, the more pissed off I get. She's never run before for anything, claims she isn't running a campaign, claims that raising a family is a qualification for the office (these are mostly from this New York Times article) , and then says something like this today in an interview with NY1:
Dominic Carter: Okay. If [Governor Patterson] doesn't select you, will you run, right around the corner in 2010?

Caroline Kennedy: Well, if he doesn't select me, I would support the person that he does select. You know, I would love to do this, I feel like I have a lot to bring, and I would love to deliver for the people of New York. But, there's, you know, many ways that I can serve, and I can, and as I have been doing.

[and later]

Carter: ...There is also some people who perhaps may have not known Caroline Kennedy if her last name was not Kennedy we would not been having this conversation.

Caroline Kennedy: Well if my last name was not Kennedy maybe I would have run for office a long time ago. I don’t know.
As long as one person is selecting me then I'd be happy to serve. If the whole state selects me, then I'm not really interested. It seems like she wants to become a senator without going through the actual process of running. A once in a lifetime opportunity came up for someone with a famous name to bypass the democratic process and she took it. Wow, she must be so qualified she can't take the chance of mucking about in the tawdry world of electoral politics!

Sara Palin ran for city council, mayor and governor before running for... shudder... the vice-presidency. This is worse than Palin.

No comments: