Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What The Hell Is This??

So I just googled my name, something I haven't done in a long time, and this site comes up: http://www.axuve.com! What the hell is going on here? It's a very strange site that claims to be about foreign currency calculators, though, in reality, I think it's just some hacking site: other than explaining the different types of calculators out there it doesn't do anything; it has one sub-page -- axuve.com/axuve.html -- that I clicked on and took so long to load I stopped it for fear the site was doing something to my Mac. It also has space for you to sign up for a newsletter at the top, but it doesn't mention the newsletter at all in the body of the text. I would think that if it was designed to get you to enter in your email and name then the page would actually ask you to fill in your name and email. Weird. But weirdest of all... why is there a site out there with my name as its domain?? And it's the first thing that comes up in a Google search! Is this some ploy to get people who are looking for trapped in an internet scheme? Is this a trap for me somehow?? Any of the people who visit this site know a way to find out more about this site? It's very disconcerting.

4 comments:

Marisa Bonfanti said...

Yes, I agree! wtf is that site and why is called axuve? very weird. Before you told me the origin of your name I tried looking it up out of curiosity and found that site and thought it was really strange - I totally understand how weirded out by it you must be. again - wtf is that site and why is it called axuve?? investigate and keep us posted! I'm sure there is a good reason that will relieve you of all paranoia and disconcertion.

Invisible Man said...

I remember a couple of years ago where any 3 letter web address was taken, maybe we are approaching 5. or whoever bought the page has a lot of faith in you:
some one in estonia

you should email the host:
Slavna Zemtsova - estoniaweb@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

If you go to:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

you can look up the owner of any domain name. Type in a Web address (but do not include the 'www' bit) and the owners details are displayed. You'll see it is owned by "Slavna Zemtsova" who has an email address of estonianweb@yahoo.com and they registered the domain name in July of this year. There's even a telephone number if you are so inclined...

Anonymous said...

Pleas relax. Stop being paranoid! I bough the domain name for testing purposes and development for my webdesign company. Axuve was just a 5 letter combination of letters I used for this. So calm down...no-one is after anyone! No-one is hacking or phishing.. No need for conspiracy theories.