Wednesday, October 15, 2008

(Minimally) Live Blogging The Debate

10:25 - I'm just not able to stick with this anymore. The next 20 days can't go by fast enough.

10:14 - I didn't know that Obama supports a ban on late term abortion (with an exception for the life of the mother.) Good for him. UPDATE: My friend Frank points out this is more common among Democrats than I thought. So it's not such a big deal. But I think it is mildly significant that he called it a moral issue. It's a sign of how the Democratic party is shifting it's approach to this issue.

10:11 - zzzzzzzzz....

10:08 - McCain's Roe v. Wade answer is incoherent.

10:05 - 10:1 that the talking points coming out of the McCain campaign will relish using "senator government".

9:58 - "We can do both." Come on.

9:52 - McCain is making a lot of small verbal slips and previously so did Obama, more than I think either of the other debates. They must be exhausted.

9:45 - Obama has to say whether or not Palin is qualified and he hesitates like mad. It must kill him to not call her an idiot.

9:42 - I know he's my guy, but right now Obama is boring me to tears. He seems tired. McCain actually seems a little more energetic. Most memorable moments right now: the Joe The Plumber conversation, which McCain won, and the Ayers stuff, where Obama smartly points out that all it does is distract from the issues. Also, the ways he has gone against his party.

No comments: