Saturday, October 25, 2008

On The Road To The White House

My friend Jordan is currently traveling the country, every day or two making a short documentary for the Guardian. Check it out here. There are a bunch of videos (that I couldn't embed) so I'll point out two that I liked. First, one that is about the town of Hasty, Colorado and the hardship they're going through. There's an interview with an old Obama supporter that doesn't fit any of the stereotypes. And then one about the fence separating Mexico from the U.S. is filled with sadness as well as telling me something very interesting that I didn't know. That the fence is actually increasing our immigration problems in one way: Before the fence there were immigrants that stayed in the U.S. temporarily and then went back to Mexico. But now, since it's much harder to cross, many of those immigrants can't go back. In some ways, the fence actually increases our immigration population.

No comments: